Is your time limited? Are physically fit? Would you like to go through Prague like a local, but still be able to see all of our major sights and plenty hidden gems on the way? If so, this day tour is designed just for you!
- Get a full-day’s work out on a brisk walking tour of Prague
- See the historic sights of Old Town and New Town
- Walk up to Letná Plain to discover a popular recreation spot with the locals
- Stop for some Czech food and a beer at a microbrewery
- Learn the 1,000-year history of the Prague Castle complex
- Discover a hidden garden at the Franciscan church of St. Mary of the Snows
Our tour starts at the top of the Wenceslas Square in front of the statue of St. Wenceslas. After a brief intro on Prague’s history your guide will walk you down the Square and we’ll dive into the little back streets and passages, known only by the locals. You’ll get to know the history of the New Town and the Old Town, as well as its most amazing sights – the Old Town Square with the Astronomical Clock, Týn Church and the Jewish quarter are only some examples of what you’re going to see.
We will then cross the Čechův Bridge and walk up to the Letný Plain – a great chillout spot adored by locals. Why so popular? You’ll understand as soon as we get there 🙂 Make sure your camera is fully charged, the views from the top are priceless.
After a short walk through the Royal Gardens, we will arrive to the Prague Castle. Your guide will introduce you to its 1000 years of history and tell you a few stories about the influential Emperors, who governed over their empire from inside the massive walls of the castle. As a bonus – we’ll have a sneak peak into the St. Vitus Cathedral.
At this point, we assume that everyone will be hungry and thirsty, so we will refresh ourselves at the oldest monastery in the city center – Strahov Monastery – and explore its delicious Czech cuisine and microbrewery. When was the last time you drank blessed beer? 🙂
Just a few steps from the monastery, is an amazing lookout at Petřín tower, which gives you an outstanding view of the Prague’s city center. Zigzagging down the hill we enter the Lesser Side. You can look forward to seeing the greatest baroque church in Prague – Church of St. Nicolas, as well as the John Lennon’s wall – an underground place of the 80s.
Our final stop will be the Charles’ Bridge. Here, our 6- 8 hour adventure will end with a fresh breeze from the river and a great view of the upcoming sunset.
- Professional guide
- Free map of Prague
- Bottle of water (1,5 liter bottle for hot days; 0,75l for cool days)
- Lunch (own expense)
- Entrance fees
- Gratuities (optional)
For this trip, make sure you’ll have
- Good comfortable shoes
- Camera (trust us, you will be taking a lot of pictures)
- Backpack (ideal for long walks). Heavy messenger bag over one shoulder could be after few hours uncomfortable
- Some little snack
The meeting point for this tour is at the top of the Wenceslas Square in front of the statue of St. Wenceslas. Your guide is going to hold a lime green umbrella.