Mělník is a city where wine played a great role in people’s lives as early as the Middle Ages. A royal dowry town and a resting place of Czech queens which found precious tranquility when disagreements with their spouses occurred . Let us, therefore, introduce you to Mělník and his beautiful chateau, its medieval wine cellars and breathtaking ossuary in the nearby church of St. Peter and St. Paul…
Entry Tickets Included
- Learn fascinating history of Mělník dating back to 10th century!
- Explore Mělník Chateau, its precious art collections and charming baroque interiors
- Explore new styles of architecture which were developed in the early 1900s by Czech architects
- Visit old wine cellars, dating back to 14th century
- Taste 6 local wines from Mělník region
- Visit 2nd largest ossuary in the Czech Republic with breathtaking bone decorations
Your guide will meet you at your hotel and get with you on a bus to Mělník. During a short ride through Bohemian countryside your guide will briefly introduce you into the history of Mělník from its foundation till nowadays.
Your first stop will be Mělník chateau, where you’ll have a chance to experience what life was like for a wealthy noble family of 18th and 19th century.
After tasty lunch break in chateau restaurant you’ll enjoy some of the best local wines this region produces in one of chateau’s wine cellars.
The last stop will be St. Peter and Paul basilica, which hides the second largest ossuary in the Czech Republic. Bones from more than 10 000 bodies create an unbelievable atmosphere.
At last you’ll enjoy a pleasant bus ride back to Prague’s city center.
- Professional guide
- Transport tickets
- Entry tickets into Mělník chateau and Ossuary
- Wine tasting of 6 local wines
- Lunch (own spent)
The meeting point for this tour is at the top of the Wenceslas Square in front of the statue of St. Wenceslas. Your guide is going to hold a lime green umbrella.