Kutna Hora is an UNESCO site, a former economic capital of Europe and a source of wealth for the Czech kings for centuries. Explore this wonderful city with your private guide and see the process of minting, visit medieval silver mine, admire stunning St. Barbara’s cathedral and see a breathtaking Sedlec Ossuary – a place where human bones are the one and only decoration.
Entry Tickets Included
- Learn the history of the former economical capital of Europe of its time
- Explore the magnificent Sedlec Cathedral and Ossuary with breathtaking bone decorations
- Take a look at an Italian Court – a king’s residence and the only Royal mint of Czech kingdom
- Visit a real medieval silver mine and get to know the life of the miners
- Admire the pride of Kutná Hora’s citizens – St. Barbara’s Cathedral
Your guide will meet you at your Prague hotel and walk with you to the train station. For the next hour, you will be in the train passing the beautiful landscape of Central Bohemia. During this time, your guide will give you a brief introduction into the history of Kutná Hora from its foundation till the time of its biggest glory.
Our first stop will be the formerly biggest Cistercian abbey in Central Europe with a stunning Cathedral of Assumption of Our Lady and Saint John the Baptist. Just few steps from the Cathedral lies the Cemetery Church of All Saint with Ossuary. You’ll get to know why and how the Ossuary was created and see the amazing art pieces, made out of human bones.
After a short bus ride to the city center, your guide will show you the Italian Court – a former Royal mint of Czech kingdom and residence of our kings. A short lunch break in a delicious Czech restaurant will follow and you will then have a chance to dive into the life of silver miners in a museum dedicated to them. You will be dressed in a typical white coat with helmet and a flashlight experiencing a fascinating journey through a real medieval silver mine.
Our last stop will be the symbol of pride of Kutná Hora’s burghers – an amazing gothic cathedral of St. Barbara with original medieval frescoes on its walls.
At the end of your journey, your guide will take you back to the train station and you’ll enjoy a relaxing way back to Prague.
8:00am – will be updated based on the distance of your hotel from the train station
- Professional guide
- All entrance fees
- Train ticket
- Prague Hotel pickup
- Lunch (own expense)
- Confirmation will be received within 48 hours of booking, subject to availability
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- Comfortable walking shoes are recommended
- Due to Silver Mines Museum opening hours, the Italian Court Interiors (including the royal rooms of Czech kings) will be visited Mondays instead and from December to March as well
- Visit of Silver Mines is not recommended for participants with claustrophobia or overweight. In those cases, Silver Mines Museum can be replaced with Italian Court Interior excursion
- Due to limited capacity of visitors per day in Silver Mine museum, we reserve a right to change the excursion to the Italian Court in case there are no tickets for the Silver Mines left
Your guide is going to meet you at your hotel.